3.09.2012

{ Central Ohio Lifestyle Photographer } Lindsey Scholz Photography | My Baby's Birth

I received a card from church on my first Mother's Day with a baby in my arms last year. I loved what it said & it has hung on my fridge ever since. As you will see in this video my Mom was in the room when my baby boy was born, that was never a question. Before he was born she always said that she dreamt of the moment in the delivery room where we would interlock eyes & we would just KNOW how each other were feeling because of the love that comes out of being a mother. At least that is what she had always wanted. She lost her mother when she was 13 & never had that opportunity. Now I can't say we had that exact moment. I was too busy interlocking my eyes with a little man who had just completely changed my life forever. And actually I hadn't thought about that until about 6 months after he was born. But when I thought about it I wasn't sad. I know she isn't either. We didn't need to lock eyes to feel the love that was coming out of that room. We both knew exactly what was going on. I became a Mother at the very moment my mother became a Grandma. We felt that mutual love that only a mother knows & it was perfect.

Anyways, back to the church card, I get sidetracked lots. My brain is everywhere these days. My parent's came over for dinner 2 nights ago. They come over lots so I am surprised she hasn't read it.  I just felt the need to read it to her right then & there in the kitchen. It was once again that unneeded moment where we didn't need to lock eyes but we both felt so close. Not only that mutual motherly closeness, but that mother/daughter, bff kind of feeling. It was a moment where like in the delivery room, there was lots of love going on & it was so very evident.

 I am so thankful for my Mom. She has shaped me into the mother I am today.

The most important person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral... a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body. "The angels have not been blessed with such a grace. They cannot share in God's creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can. Mothers are closer to God the creator than any other creatures. God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation... "What on God's good earth is more glorious that this: to be a mother?"
Joseph Cardinal Mindszenty

and to that I answer this... nothing.




A big thank you to my mother in law, sister in law & my amazing husband for all of these images & videos.

1 comment:

  1. I cried. Beautiful. And amen to being a mother. Love the OSU all over. Go Bucks!!!

    ReplyDelete